A quick Google search will reveal to you that this is happening throughout the world on an increasing basis, and it should lead you to question why it is happening, and consider this quote;
“Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself.” Confucius.
I believe True Health Care is about taking time to listen and connect with you, prior to formulating an action plan for wellness. The majority of your plan is already in place before you leave your Pain Shift consult.
Recently a client asked my advice about doctors, medications and surgery.
I was able to assure them that I was not against doctors or the medical system in general. Medications and surgeries can be very necessary you should always do your research, ask questions and make informed choices to decide what is in your best interests. I have a GP and do visit them if and when I find it necessary.
This particular client informed me that her doctor had prescribed her medication for blood pressure. After her blood pressure came down the doctor wanted her to increase the medication. She was unsure about what to do, as the initial dose was working, but believed that “the doctor always knows best” and proceeded with the higher dose. The side effects she suffered within hours were so bad she had to stop taking the medication all together. Upon her return to the doctor she was told that she must continue and that an added prescription of anti-depressants would address the side effects she was experiencing.
This left her with several concerns;
- What would the possible side effects of the anti depressants be.
- What might the side effects of the combined cocktail of medications be, and could they cause other physical or mental symptoms or illness.
- Was anything being done to address the root cause of the high blood pressure.
This client had always respected her doctor, but she became concerned that they were not committed to addressing the root cause of her health issues, whether that be due to time or financial restraints. She felt confused and bewildered by the general medical practice.
This client had experienced good results from previous sessions with Pain Shift, and has returned to get to the root of her issues.
If you are facing confusion, uncertainty and concerns about your health
- Get a second opinion and do not give up – there are always options.
- Know that medications can mask the real issue and have side effects, some of which can be devastating.
- Know that at Pain Shift you will learn to strengthen and support your body to heal and adapt to the stresses of life, and as such you will return to good health faster.
The Original Hippocratic oath has these words in it...."....I will take care that they suffer no hurt or damage.
Nor shall any man's entreaty prevail upon me to administer poison to anyone; neither will I counsel any man to do so. Moreover, I will give no sort of medicine to any pregnant woman, with a view to destroy the child..." See bottom of article for link to full wording.
And to quote a part of the modern version – “I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick. I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.” See below for full version.
At Pain Shift
- My goal is to get your body and mind realigned so you can experience wellness
- You will always be considered as a person first and foremost. Your individuality will be given the respect and acknowledgement you deserve.
- The modalities I use help me to assess your current situation quickly and in the correct order for lasting healing.
- I will never suggest any treatment or healing process that I would not consider undertaking myself.
You can be assured that for over 12 years I have used the same modalities that I practice – I also use them to treat my family and pet, “I lead by example.” If you you like to experience another option for your health contact me now. http://www.painshift.com/session-information--bookings.html
The modern version of the Hippocratic Oath was written in 1964 by Louis Lasagna, Dean of the School of Medicine at Tufts University. http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=20909
This is the original version of the Hippocratic Oath: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippocratic_Oathh